Missions is the response of the church to the mandate given to it by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20.
The mandate given to us consists of a command to make disciples and authority through delegation.
Missions is therefore our answer to God’s command of making disciples through the preaching and teaching of the good news of Jesus Christ to mankind using the authority given to us through delegation.
God demonstrated to us a perfect example of missions when he stepped out of heaven to reach out to us on earth after we sinned and got separated from Him. The Bible presents us with the foundation of ministry by showing us continually how and why a loving God is redeeming lost humanity in a consistent way.
As God was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world to Himself, so has He sent us as missionaries when we became born again. We are called into partnership with God to bring about the fulfillment of God’s vision of establishing God’s kingdom and turning the kingdoms of this world to Christ Jesus.
The heart for reaching out to the world with the gospel is one that I see to bring fulfillment not just to myself but to God’s kingdom.
- ‘I Married for the First Time at 60’
-DR. CINDY TRIMM-TOMLINSON
- WHAT DEFINES A TRUE LEADER IN TIMES OF CRISIS.
- WHY SOW MONEY AS “SEED FAITH” FOR WHAT IS FREELY GIVEN TO YOU IN CHRIST?
- THE LAYING ON OF HANDS: YOU DESERVE GOD’S BEST, DON’T SETTLE FOR LESS
- THE ACT OF IMPARTATION: YOU DESERVE GOD’S BEST, DON’T SETTLE FOR LESS
A dollar can save a soul